Terms and Conditions (Software License)
Please review the following terms and conditions before purchasing, installing or using the licensed Scotiacode Inc. software products and/or its related materials.
If you do not agree to the terms and conditions, please return the SHINE product and immediately destroy all copies of the extension in your possession.
1. Extension Licensing
SHINE and all extensions, unless otherwise stated, are licensed on a Perpetual basis. This means that the purchaser has the right to use the extension forever on the number of DNN installations that were chosen when the original license was purchased.
Scotiacode Inc. retains ownership of the copy of the extension in your possession, and all copies you may be licensed to use. Scotiacode Inc. maintains all rights not expressly granted to you in the Terms and Conditions.
2. Warranty and Liability
Extensions sold and distributed by Scotiacode Inc. are done so in the hope that they will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
Inasmuch as DNN Platform functions correctly on a clean install of itself, SHINE is guaranteed to function on a clean install of the minimum, stable and required version of DNN Platform for SHINE. Because the number and variety of extensions is vast and wide, we do not guarantee that the plugin will function with all third-party plugins, themes or browsers of any kind. We do not assume responsibility and will not be held responsible for any conflicts or compatibility issues that may occur due to third-party software. We assume no responsibility for any data loss as a result of installing or using SHINE. Should conflicts occur with third-party software, we may provide support at our discretion.
In no event shall Scotiacode Inc. or its distributors be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of business profits, business interruption, loss of business information, or any other financial loss) arising out of the use of or inability to use this Scotiacode Inc. product and related materials, even if Scotiacode Inc. has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
3. Code Modifications
Under no circumstance are you granted to decompile, modify or in any manner alter the source code or operations of the extension. Doing so will immediately result in the termination of our agreement.
Scotiacode Inc. sells and distributes SHINE and other plugins "as is" and with no implied meaning that they will function exactly as you would like, or that they will be compatible with all third-party components and plugins.
Support and updates are granted for one year after the original purchase based on the license you have purchased. After one year is completed, the purchaser must renew their license in order to continue receiving support and updates for the items purchased. For purchases that include an automatically renewing subscription, support will be provided for as long as the subscription remains active.
Support and updates for SHINE are provided if SHINE is actively in development. Should any one of the following occur, Scotiacode Inc. will no longer be responsible for providing support for SHINE:
- SHINE is no longer actively developed as a viable product under Scotiacode Inc.
- SHINE or Scotiacode Inc. is purchased or bought out by another company.
- DNN Platform is no longer actively developed.
Whilst we attempt to provide the best support possible for our extensions, we do not guarantee that any support query can, or will be answered to the extent, or within a timeframe that the inquirer is completely satisfied.
Updates are available to license holders who have an active and valid subscription and license key for the product that they are updating. Updates are available if the license key generated from the purchase is valid and active.
5. License Usage
Scotiacode Inc. grants each customer one or more non-transferable license(s) to use the software for internal use, and as defined by the terms set in the customer's chosen license package.
Where the license package allows the software to be used on multiple DNN Platform installations the customer/license-holder may not sell the originally purchased license key provided by Scotiacode Inc., to other users of the license (such as clients) for commercial benefit. Additionally, the customer may not sublicense, to any person or entity, any rights to distribute the software or license key. Scotiacode Inc. will only provide support services to the original customer/license-holder with a legitimate license key and consider any other uses of this license key for support queries as fraudulent.
6. Extension Delivery
After we have processed your payment successfully, you will receive an email with your order number and other purchase information. Your license key is available in your account area along with your plugin downloads. You can download the plugin by logging into the account created for you when purchasing the plugin and clicking on the appropriate link.
Should you not receive an email containing your information, you can contact us through https://www.scotiacode.com/customer-support to request your purchase information.
Access to re-download purchased files will be granted so long as your license key is valid. If a license key expires, download access to the associated files will be discontinued until such time as the license key is renewed. This includes access to previous versions of extensions that were available at the time the license key was active.
All extensions are property of Scotiacode Inc. Claiming any type of intellectual or exclusive ownership rights of our products is strictly prohibited.
Our extensions are provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, expressed or implied. We shall not be liable for any damages, including but not limited to, direct, indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages or losses that occur due to the use or inability to use our extensions.
8. Website & Extension Content
All content found on Scotiacode website and throughout the extension including images, documentation, support queries and any other information is property of Scotiacode Inc. and may not be redistributed without permission or consent.
9. Price Changes
Scotiacode Inc. reserves the right to modify, change, cancel or upgrade an extension subscription and/or license key without prior notice or consent. Prices of all products are subject to change without prior notice or consent.
10. Subscriptions & Automatic Renewal
Scotiacode Inc. extensions are sold as automatically recurring subscriptions that renew each year on the anniversary of the purchase date. This applies to all paid-for extension licenses.
This subscription will automatically renew at the end of the annual license term unless the purchaser cancels their subscription prior to the automatic renewal date.
Please note the following details of Scotiacode Inc. extension license subscriptions:
- Subscription renewals are automatically processed annually on the anniversary of your original purchase. The license renewal will continue and remain valid for each one (1) year unless the subscription is cancelled prior to the renewal date.
- You may cancel your subscription at any time by contacting Customer Support.
- If you choose to cancel your subscription you will no longer receive updates and support for the extension when your license expires.
- The renewal price will be the full plugin price as published at the time of initial purchase, exclusive of any discounts.
- Grandfathered pricing: If you choose to cancel your subscription, and your renewal price is lower than the current listed price for the extension license (a "grandfathered" price), the lower renewal price will no longer be available to you.
- If you choose to renew your subscription after it has been cancelled and your extension license has expired, you will be charged the current listed price for the extension license. We cannot apply older or grandfathered pricing to your new renewal purchase.
- We cannot grant refunds on renewal payments. We will send you an email one month prior to your renewal date, and you may use this opportunity to cancel your subscription before the renewal payment is automatically processed
- If you choose to cancel your subscription your license will expire on the anniversary of the original purchase, and you will no longer receive updates and support for the extensions you have purchased.
10. Refund Policy
We firmly believe in and stand behind our products 100%, but we understand that they cannot work perfectly for everyone all the time. If you would like to request a refund, please open a “Refund Request” support ticket. When requesting a refund, we respectfully ask that you meet the following refund policy conditions:
Eligibility conditions for a refund request:
- You are within the first 30 days of the original purchase of the plugin.
- We cannot grant refunds after the first 30 days of the original purchase.
- We cannot grant refunds on renewal payments. We will send you an email one month prior to your renewal date, and you may use this opportunity to cancel your subscription before the renewal payment is automatically processed.
- You have purchased the extension/subscription, and after installing and testing the extension, have found that it will not work for your business or required setup.
- You have an issue that we are unable to resolve which makes the system unusable. We may ask you questions regarding the nature of your refund request so we can improve the extension in the future.
- If your issue(s) comes from not being able to install the extension properly or get the extension to perform its basic functions, we will happily consider your refund request.
- You have contacted our support team and allowed us to attempt to resolve your issue(s) or have explained why the plugin will not work for you.
- Please note, technical issues caused by 3rd party plugins, themes or other software will not provide grounds for a refund.
- You agree to deactivate and uninstall the plugin from your site if a refund is granted.
- Refunds will be offered at our sole discretion. By purchasing extensions(s) from our site, you agree to this refund policy and relinquish any rights to subject it to any questions, judgment or legal actions. We are not liable to cover any differences in exchange rates between the time you purchased and the time you are refunded.
Scotiacode Inc. may occasionally send you emails related to the purchase of product(s) from our company. We may also send you occasional email newsletters relating to SHINE updates, promotions, SHINE extensions and the like. We will never sell or release your email to any third-party vendors. You may opt out of these emails at any time without penalty.
13. License Agreement
By purchasing our product(s), you indicate and consent that you have read and agree to the Terms & Conditions listed and detailed on this page. We reserve the right to change or modify the current Terms and Conditions without prior notice or consent.
If any part of this agreement is declared unenforceable or invalid, all remaining clauses in this agreement shall remain binding on the customer.
If you have any questions regarding the Terms and Conditions, please email us at email@example.com.